Year 6 Class
Spring Term 2018
Welcome to Year 6
Week Commencing 19/3/18
There are still places on the Year 6 Grammar and Maths clubs
Held on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30 to 4:15pm
Please see Mrs Lee or Mrs Earp
Thank you to those children for attending.
Homework Outline: (Monday for Monday) - Over the Easter Holiday
- Spellings - Please keep working on individual hi-lighted word lists. There will be a full test of all the 5/6 key words after the holiday.
- Maths - x2 short arithmetic papers. Try to spread them out over the two week holiday to keep core skills going.
- Tables - x6 , x7 , x8 and x9
- Perimeter and Area
- Arithmetic and core skills
- Summarising the Assassination of Franz Ferdinand in 1914
- Persuasive writing based on Plastics (letters and research)
- Class text The Silver Sword
- Comprehension Chapter 9-10: The Silver Sword
- Comprehension : The Causes of World War 1 and Chain of Events
- Subject, object, noun phrases, determiners, articles
- Using speech and dialogue in story writing. Learning how to use reported speech.
- Apostrophes for possession and contraction.
- Adverbs and fronted adverbials
This week's focus:
- Subordinate or dependent clauses
- Simple, compound and complex sentences
- Co-ordinating conjunctions (fanboys)
- sub ordinating conjunctions
The Human Body
- The Human Heart and circulatory system
- Easter Extravaganza
- Completing forgiveness unit
- Next Friday with Senor Whalley.
- Beginning a fitness circuit unit which links with Y6 science topic: Humans
- Hockey skills
How to help your child:
- Spellings need to be learned - they are the key words and patterns for year 6
- Practise times tables regularly. Tables knowledge are essential to all our topics
- Encourage reading