Our Vision, Values and Aims
‘The Dawpool community are united in their ambition to create a school which embodies the person, love and work of Jesus Christ: a school which enables Christian values to flourish and where all children may experience the abundant life that Jesus offers.’
At Dawpool, we aim for all children to experience the abundant life that Jesus offers by:
1. Educating for Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills:
Enabling discipline, confidence, and delight in seeking wisdom and knowledge, and developing talents in all areas of life.
- Providing teaching and learning of the highest quality which results in pupils attaining to the full extent of their potential.
- Ensuring that all pupils benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- Enriching the curriculum with visits, visitors, and extensive use of our unique environment.
- Treating pupils as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs demonstrating a clear awareness of children’s preferred learning styles.
- Match teaching and learning to the appropriate stage of children’s physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural development needs.
- Helping all children to become more effective and independent learners.
- Promoting an open, honest and trusting home-school relationship, which is invaluable for a child’s education.
- Building a welcoming, lively, secure community where good behaviour is expected and where they can acquire the leadership skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
- Instilling a respect for Christian and moral values and principles, whilst engendering respect and understanding of other beliefs: fostering Christian values so that all children have respect for themselves, others and the environment.
- Providing a caring, happy stimulating environment in which children are highly motivated in a non-threatening atmosphere.
- Being an inclusive school and to put into place practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all pupils are given equality of opportunity regardless of gender, special needs, disability or race.