Year 1 Class
- Each week P.E. will be on Wednesday, so please ensure your child has a P.E. kit in school. Also if your child has earrings they will need to be removed on these days. If not we will have to cover them with tape for the lesson, if they cannot be removed as yet. Please could the children only wear black plimsolls with non-marking soles.
- Reading books will be sent home on Friday and will need to be sent back into school on Monday. If they are not returned promptly we will not be able to change them for the next week.
- We will send homework home on Friday and this will need to be returned on Wednesday at the latest. This enables us to mark them and if appropriate put in homework for the next week. Homework may not be sent home every week.
- Please could all the children's belongings be labelled clearly with your child's name, drinks bottles in particular, as often children have identical bottles and do not know which one is theirs.
Week beginning 16th April, 2018
Things to remember this week:
- Please could children return their menus on Monday.
- Please return reading packs on Monday and homework by Wednesday.
This week we will be continue to practise joining our handwriting. Our sounds this week will be (ow as in low) and wh. We will be playing a football phonics game with these sounds and reading and writing words containing them. We will be discussing the language used in traditional tales and writing our own version of the 3 little pigs using the pictures we sequenced last week. We will be writing sentences to go with pictures, focussing on phase 3-5 sounds. Guided reading will continue.
We will begin a new chapter in our Singapore maths books-Numbers to 40. We will be learning about place value and what each digit represents in a number. We will be practising counting in twos, fives and tens to help us with counting larger numbers of objects. We will also be counting in tens and then counting on in ones. Please could you practise counting in twos to twenty, fives to one hundred and tens to one hundred.
We will be working with a P.E. specialist .
We will be looking at leaves and doing an investigation about leaf shape and how we can identify trees by their leaves. We will be labelling the parts of trees and plants and doing some observational drawings of the parts of a plant and trees. We will be using a program on the computer to identify the parts of a plant.
We will be beginning our topic on Transport and looking at different types of transport we can use.
We will be drawing pictures of different types of transport and labelling them.