Meet our PTA (FoDS)
Welcome from the Friends of Dawpool School (FoDS)
In a Voluntary Aided School any repairs and maintenance of the building can only be carried out by the school applying for a grant. If successful, 90% of the grant is made available to us via the Diocese of Chester but the remaining 10% has to be funded by the school, which makes unrealistic demands on a very tight budget. In addition to this, any playground equipment, learning aides and events must also be funded by Community fundraising.
The parents, grandparents, carers and the general community surrounding the children of Dawpool Primary School take this responsibility seriously - choosing to send them to a voluntary aided school means taking part in wanting the best for our children as they grow, learn and develop.
Friends of Dawpool School, as a charity, originated over 20 years ago as a way of co-ordinating the response to the responsibility for fundraising and continues to strive, wherever possible, to create fun ways to enhance the School environment for our children, now and in the future years.
Anyone is welcome to join FoDS, at any level – whether that’s as a full committee member, or occasionally offering assistance at events.
Your FoDS representatives can be contacted via the School Office or on the details below:
Mike Young (Chair) 07715 103990
Wendy Poole(Vice Chair) 07787 538404
Mandy Parr (Treasurer) 07989 633598
Gail Vickers (Secretary) 07540 542193