History of Dawpool
Thurstaston Dawpool Church of England Primary School was founded by Trust Deed on 30th December 1865. It was originally located in Thurstaston Village, close to the Parish Church of St. Bartholomew. Since 1906 it has been situated at the head of School Lane on the north eastern edge of Thurstaston Common, a setting which is not only one of the most attractive school settings on Wirral, but also one of the most unusual, because of its apparent isolation from any immediate community.
Although growing and developing over the years Dawpool Church of England School is, in many ways, still a traditional village school, a character which it proudly retains and cherishes. It has many fine traditions, not least its concern with academic standards and its wish that the children achieve their full potential in all aspects of school and life. The link above provides a more comprehensive overview of our school's history, including the origin of the school's ship emblem. We hope you enjoy reading it.